Part of the Portico Academy Trust - opening doors, unlocking potential
Home Page


School Admissions 


Our Admission Policy is in line with Local Authority (LA) requirements. There is no guarantee of a place for children at the school. It starts the pupil admission number (PAN) at 150 for Year 3, Year 4,Year 5 and Year 6 in 2019 - 2020.


In the event of over-subscription, places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:

1. Those having siblings attending the school


2. Those having siblings attending the partner infant school


3. Straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority


How to apply for a place at Hamstel Junior School

If you would like to apply for a place at our school, full details of admissions can be found by clicking here.




Appeal Information


Parents have the opportunity to appeal against the refusal for the Academy where they do not receive an offer. Parents can submit an appeal by completing the appeal form on the Southend-on-Sea Borough Council website. The council forwards the appeal form to the Academy. The appeal will be heard by the individual school.


Click here to read more information on Southend Borough Council's website.


Admission Policies and Reports can be read on Southend Borough Council’s website.

Related Documents